Dandelions are completely safe to eat and are packed with healthy nutrients. This bread is quick to make in your oven, requires no yeast, and is sweetly yummy!
1) Forage a large handful of dandelions and chop the yellow flowers off their stems.
2) Prep work:
pre-heat your oven to 400º
line a loaf pan with parchment paper to make a sling
select two bowls (one for wet ingredients, one for dry ingredients)
3) Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4) Combine wet ingredients in a second bowl:
3 TB vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup honey
5) Combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and mix together. You'll have a thick, lumpy, wet dough that resembles batter.
6) Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and make sure it's evenly distributed to all corners.
7) Bake at 400º for 20 minutes and then lower the temp to 350º for an additional 15 minutes.
8) Allow to cool slightly before slicing. It tastes great alone, but could be served with butter, honey, or jam as well. Try not to eat it all in one sitting!
Check out our link for dandelion playdoh too– so much fun!
Recipes and crafts disclaimer: Here at La Paloma we don't like scrolling through a ton of photos and nostalgic stories about grandma's uncle's Italian vacation. We get right to the point and tell you just the essentials. If we left out something important– let us know and we'll correct it!