This recipe is quick, easy, and so much fun! The playdoh is very silky and soft, and completely non-toxic and safe for kids and animals.
1) Pick a handful of dandelions and chop the yellow flowers off their stems.
2) Add the dandelions to 1 cup of warm water in your blender.
3) Blend the mix for a moment to really break down the dandelions! (Note: be careful with hot water in your blender. I leave the lid insert off and hold my hand over the opening)
4) Transfer the liquid to a large mixing bowl.
5) Add in 2 TB vegetable oil, 2 TB cream of tarter, and 1/3 cup salt. Mix well.
6) Add in 2 cups all-purpose flour and continue stirring. It will be fairly sticky.
7) Turn the dough out onto a counter and continue mixing by hand. Add more flour as needed (we sometimes need another cup!)
8) Store in an airtight container and your playdoh will last for a long time! Try using other flowers for different colors and smells, such as lilacs, violets, or cherry blossoms.
Check out our link for dandelion bread too– so yummy!
Recipes and crafts disclaimer: Here at La Paloma we don't like scrolling through a ton of photos and nostalgic stories about grandma's uncle's Italian vacation. We get right to the point and tell you just the essentials. If we left out something important– let us know and we'll correct it!